Where do we meet then? As of January 17th 2020, the club has moved from it's old venue to the venue detailed below.
4 Roach Road
They are also on Facebook here.
Come down and take a look and have a chat. The club location map is shown on the right of the screen.
CLUB MEETING DATES
The club meets from 2pm to 6pm every Sunday. Usually on the last Sunday of every month we have a slightly extended day where we meet from midday to 6pm. Check out the Club Calendar here which includes dates for some of the popular external gaming events and tournaments as well as the club meeting dates.
HOW TO GET TO THE VENUE
The closest London Underground Station are Stratford (Central Line), Hackney Wick (overground) and Pudding Mill Lane (DLR). The venue is a good 10-20 minutes walk from each of these stations.
FACILITIES AT THE VENUE
The club has a huge amount of great terrain, boards to game on and printed gaming mats too. This collection has been built up over the years. We make an effort to look after the terrain at the club and reinvest in new terrain every year. The terrain can cater from any sort of gaming from naval to sci-fi, to victorian steam punk to world war 2.
In addition there is a licensed bar at the venue which serves alcohol, soft drinks and beverages as well as food all at very reasonable prices.
The venue, Magic Madhouse is also a shoop which stocks boardgames, CCG related material, paints, hobby materials and miniatures. Magic Madhouse are very competitive with their prices for Club Members and look to price match at the very least but also beat other more competitive gaming retailers.
COST TO JOIN THE CLUB
- At present, as long as you are a paid up club member, you get to use the club terrain and play for free at the venue. This is not only on club days but any day that you want to play at the venue. Non members have to pay the normal £2 table fees to Magic Madhouse themselves.
- It costs £20 per year to join the club (pro rata) for players aged 18 and over. If you join mid year for example, we don't expect you to pay the full annual membership. It is paid pro rata so essentially £5 per quarter, so a mid year joiner would pay £10 for the year.
- It costs £10 per year to join the club (pro rata) for players under the age of 18 . If you join mid year for example, we don't expect you to pay the full annual membership. It is paid pro rata so essentially £2.50 per quarter, so a mid year joiner would pay £5 for the year.
- The club does try to subsidise events/tournaments for club members. We do run and organise our own events and any entry fee to these will normally be subsidised for club members.
- The club committee are always looking at other membership benefits that can be introduced and made available to club members. This varies from movement widgets to club shirts and patches.
The club operates under a set of rules. The current version of the club rules can be downloaded from here.
PARKING AT THE VENUE
There is limited parking on Roach Road and surrounding streets on a Sunday. Parking is RESTRICTED on a Monday-Saturday so DON'T PARK there on those days! According to the current parking restriction notices as of the 16th July 2019, there are single yellow lines on this and surrounding streets. Don't forget this is also near the home of West Ham Football Club so please DO check home games.